It’s end of financial year and Annual Report time! While preparing an Annual Report can feel overwhelming, it is well worth the effort. In addition to reporting on financial performance, Annual Reports are an excellent way of showcasing an organisation’s achievements and a great marketing tool! Here are 6 tips for preparing a great Annual Report:
- Plan and project manage the report’s development, making sure to engage all relevant stakeholders. Ideally one person, consultant or team should coordinate the report’s production.
- Comply – Include all the elements required to meet your regulatory requirements. More information can be found on the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia‘s website.
- Tell your story – Showcase your achievements and use case studies to emphasise the real, day-to-day impact your organisation has on its clients. This demonstrates the organisation’s value as well as its capability to meet the needs of its clients.
- Thank your stakeholders – Acknowledging your staff (paid and unpaid) and donors and showing them what their investment has meant for your clients will motivate them to continue supporting your organisation – and encourage others to do the same.
- Talk about the future – Keep your supporters on-board by showing you have a meaningful vision for the future and clear plans for how you will achieve this.
- Make it an enjoyable read – Yes it is possible! Use simple and concise language, provide easy-to-understand explanations of the financial information provided, triple-check your spelling and grammar and make the report aesthetically pleasing through the use of a good layout, graphs, tables and engaging pictures and captions.
Annual Reports take time and effort but provide a considerable return on investment when done well. Amergin Consulting can help you prepare a professional and polished Annual Report in consultation with your financial team. Contact us to find out more!